Sunday 21 September 2014

Luscious lashes from Lady Green





Ask any of my closest friends, mascara is my no.1 ally. In fact I recall many a school break time spent applying umpteen coats, attempting to give 'spider eyes' a whole new meaning! How we live and learn, eh.  

My madness for mascara lead to a recent impulse buy, Lady Green's Divine Mascarade, now before getting into it, I have to scream about the packaging - it's SO JOLI! A gorgeous floral printed cardboard tube, which could easily be up-cycled into a fab pencil case. 

What Lady Green says: an enhancing mascara which creates intense and dramatic eyes, lengthens, coats and gives volume. The marula seed oil and orchid extract will nourish, moisturise and soften lashes.  Beeswax and vegetable waxes add volume and shine, while sunflower oil will protect and restructure the hair fibre.




ECOCERT approved and ophthalmologist tested, this mascara is free from parabens, phenoxyethanol, GMO, PEG, synthetic colours and fragrances and not tested on animals. 

What Greener Beauty says: impressed by the pigment, it's the blackest of blacks. The brush creates dramatic length and holds onto to the lashes from root to tip, but it doesn't produce quite enough volume for my liking. (But I'm a two mascaras applier, having never found an all-rounder that does both jobs well). You find there isn't too much product on the brush, which means you're not in danger of clumping. I'm impressed by it's wear ability, minimal smudging. Overall, I'm pretty damn chuffed and will continue to use this product, although I'm not sure I will certify my allegiance just yet.





Probably the most impressive aspect of this mascara, it's ingredients!  

The ingredients: aqua (water), Cera Alba (Beeswax)*, ci 77499 (iron oxides), jojoba esters, isostearic acid, glyceryl behenate, glycerin, glyceryl stearate, rubus ideaus (raspberry) fruit water*, alcohol, acacia senegal gum*, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax*, sclerocarya birrea (marula) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, dendrobium phalaenopsis flower extract, glyceryl caprylate, sodium, hydroxyde, xanthan gum, benzyl alcohol, tocopherol, phospholipids, citric acid, sodium phytate, dehydroacetic acid, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate. 

*Ingredients from Organic Farming
98% of the total ingredients are from natural origin.
19% of the total ingredients are from organic farming.

Lady Green Divine Mascarade mascara is available from Whole Foods stores, I took advantage of the 20% offer in conjunction with #OrganicBeauty week, paying a little over £13 (normal RRP £17). Bargain.

:)


1 comment:

  1. This looks so impressive! I will definitely look out for this when I'm next in Whole Foods...x

    What I Love Today x

    ReplyDelete